PYD dismisses reports of Turkish forces entering villages near Kobane
The reports about the Turkish forces entering several villages near the Syrian city of Kobane are untrue, Rezan Hiddo, the representative of the Syrian Democratic Council, which includes the Kurdish Democratic Union Party (PYD), told Sputnik on Monday.

According to Hawar News, the Turkish forces entered the villages of Bobene and Sifteke at about 18:30 GMT on Sunday.

"This information is wrong. I can confirm that the Turkish forces did not enter the villages near Kobane. This information was spread by some media, but it is not correct," Hiddo said.

Turkey entered northern Syria in August 2016 to launch the operation Euphrates Shield against the IS terror group. The operation, aimed at supporting the opposition army and pushing the IS from Turkish borders ended in March.

Earlier in July, the commander of the Sultan Murad group, which is part of the Free Syrian Army (FSA), told Sputnik that it was necessary to carry out the operation against the PYD in the northern suburbs of Aleppo and that his groups was asking Turkey to support them.

Ankara considers Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG), linked to the PYD, to be affiliated with the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), listed as a terrorist organization in Turkey.

Reporter’s code: 50101

News Code: 16616  |  Date: 2017/08/01  |  Time: 13 : 30

FaceBook   Twitter   Delicious   Digg   Buzz   Google Bookmarks   ˜áæÈ  
Send comment
Name :
Email :
comment:
Coments
Services